This page is updated seasonally.
If you are not getting a timely response via email or social media, please forgive me. It’s likely that your inquiry simply doesn’t fall into the handful of areas of focus for me right now. I receive a fair amount of requests from folks both locally and afar, but I need to reserve my time for my projects listed below. Thank you for understanding.
Here’s what I’m working on right now, in the summer of 2017…
The return of gorgeous weather! (Well, most days.) Summertime in the Pacific Northwest is those few short months when the rest of the country is actually envious of our weather. I continue to focus on building resilience into my family’s life, as well as other in our community. Right now that specifically looks like:
- Taking care of my amazing clients (no more than five at any given time) who are directly bringing benefit to this world. Folks like these.
- Marketing of my Prepared Neighborhoods book about neighbors taking care of neighbors.
- Expanding the reach of Bainbridge Prepares, a unique combination of agency- and citizen-led teams working in collaboration to make Bainbridge Island more resilient. Our goal is to become the more resilient town in Washington state by the end of 2018.
- Teaching yoga and AcroYoga. Next up (probably this fall) is further experimentation with a combination of acroyoga + gymnastics + MovNat as a new (at least to me and our small island) approach to fitness and holistic health. It seems to be a natural direction to go after recovering from serious a back injury and getting burned out on my longtime passions of soccer and mixed martial arts.
- Gearing up our permaculture-style micro-farm for the anticipated fast growth and massive harvest of summer. We’re bringing in a WWOOFER to live with us again this summer, which will definitely help with the maintenance, harvest, and processing coming out of the food forest.
- Enjoying deep geek projects with my teenage son.
- Always finding new ways of interacting with my elementary-age daughter in nature.
- Encouraging our barn cat in her daily mouse/rat hunts and loving on our elderly German Shepard.
H/T to the always interesting Derek Sivers for the idea of a NOW page.