This page is updated seasonally.
If you are not getting a timely response via email or social media, please forgive me. It’s likely that your inquiry simply doesn’t fall into the handful of areas of focus for me right now. I receive a fair amount of requests from folks both locally and afar, but I need to reserve my time for my projects listed below. Thank you for understanding.
Here’s what I’m working on right now, in the summer of 2018…
After the last few year of widespread wildfires in British Columbia, Oregon, and California, massive flooding in Texas, hurricane tragedies in the Caribbean, and more natural disaster weirdness, the increased response to my Prepared Neighborhoods book continues.
Was asked to speak at the biennial FEMA National Preparedness Symposium in May. Great way to celebrate the Prepared Neighborhoods book turning one year old at the end of June! We discussed the book’s unique perspective of looking at preparedness through a lens of love and community-building rather than fear.
In addition to these new exciting projects with preparedness professionals, I’ll continue to focus on building resilience into my family’s life, as well as in our community. Right now that specifically looks like:
- Taking care of my amazing clients (no more than five at any given time) who are directly bringing benefit to this world. Folks like these.
- Expanding the reach of Bainbridge Prepares, a nonprofit that is part of a unique combination of agency- and citizen-led teams working in collaboration to make Bainbridge Island more resilient.
- Enjoying the massive growth of our permaculture micro-farm this summer. We eat like royalty during these months.
- Enjoying deep geek projects with my teenage son.
- Always finding new ways of interacting with my elementary-age daughter in nature and with music.
- Clicker-training our new rescue dog, a Belgian Malinois puppy. Wow, does this dog have drive!
H/T to the always interesting Derek Sivers for the idea of a NOW page.