This page is updated seasonally.
If you are not getting a timely response via email or social media, please forgive me. It’s likely that your inquiry simply doesn’t fall into the handful of areas of focus for me right now. I receive a fair amount of requests from folks both locally and afar, but I need to reserve my time for my projects listed below. Thank you for understanding.
Here’s what I’m working on right now, in the winter of 2017/18…
After widespread wildfires here in British Columbia, massive flooding in Texas, hurricane tragedies in the Caribbean, another round of devastating California wildfires, and more natural disaster weirdness, the increased response to my Prepared Neighborhoods book continues.
I’ll continue to offer journalist support for news stories related to preparedness through a positive lens of love and community building rather than fear.
I’ll also continue to focus on building resilience into my family’s life, as well as in our community. Right now that specifically looks like:
- Taking care of my amazing clients (no more than five at any given time) who are directly bringing benefit to this world. Folks like these.
- Expanding the reach of Bainbridge Prepares, a nonprofit that is part of a unique combination of agency- and citizen-led teams working in collaboration to make Bainbridge Island more resilient. Our goal is to become the more resilient town in Washington state.
- Puttering around our permaculture micro-farm doing long-put-off winter repair chores.
- Enjoying deep geek projects with my teenage son.
- Always finding new ways of interacting with my elementary-age daughter in nature, even in the rain.
- Training our new rescue dog, a Belgian Malinois puppy.
H/T to the always interesting Derek Sivers for the idea of a NOW page.